2014/03/08 - General Membership Meeting
General Membership Meeting - March 8, 2014
LOCATION: The Quaff Bar & Grill, Kansas City, Missouri
ATTENDANCE: David Fuston, Bart Klein, Robert Lindwall, Mike Newburger, Brandon and Meghan Porter, Evon and Richard Repaire, Devon Stewart, and Phil Turner
The meeting was called to order at 11:45am
- First order of business was the “Plan of Attack” for the Kansas City International Auto Show – including the distribution of complimentary admission passes as supplied by the always generous Hendrick Volvo of Kansas City dealership. Regretted to advise that due to the “sloppy and salty” road conditions earlier in the week, Bart Klein was unable to get his Duett to Bartle Hall for display with the new Volvo’s.
- The 3rd annual Chapter Picnic WILL NOT be taking place at the usual and customary site in Hiawatha, KS. Debbie Coomes has moved on from her position at Hendrick Volvo of Kansas City, thus a new location is being sought.
- The 2nd Annual “Mid-Missouri Meet Up” is scheduled for August 23rd at Camdenton, MO (Lake of the Ozarks) Lunch at “Larry’s on the lake”, with other activities to be announced. The Gateway Chapter has taken the lead on this year’s event.
- Phil Turner rattled of a calendar list of Car Shows and Cruise Nights that have either invited the club or have evolved into “annual events” by two or more chapter members. Excellent opportunities to get Volvo’s in the public eye and mingle with the “other brands” and their owners
- Parkville Cruise Night – April 5th 4:00pm-8:00pm
- McPherson College Car Show – May 3rd (With a Friday evening “Cruise Night“) Jim Henderson will be organizing this event and perhaps a convoy to McPherson, KS from the Kansas City area.
- Pete & Jakes Hot Rod Parts, Peculiar, MO – May 10th Open House and Car Show
- Church Of The Resurrection Car Show – July 12th - Leawood, KS
- KCI Auto Show (with pre-show show at Wexford Place Retirement Center) – September 13th
- Overland Park Downtown Days – September 27th (This is the 3rd year that our club has been invited to participate.)
- Antique Auto Club of America Car Show, Lawrence, KS – October 5th If your Volvo is 30 years old – or older – it qualifies in the “Foreign Car Class”.
- VCOA National Meeting and Car Show, Eureka Springs, AR – October 31 – November 2nd Hosted by the Ozark Rollers Chapter
- There will be no 2014 “Midsommar” event as it would be a conflict with the National Meeting being held in the same region – The Gateway Chapter will probably host the 2015 “Midsommar” event in Hannibal, MO
- The preliminary survey of members interested in ordering a Club Logo Polo Shirt has shown that there is sufficient interest to proceed. NOTE: If you have not already responded to Phil Turner with size and color (Blue or Yellow) information, please do so if you want to get in on this deal!)
- The much anticipated Chapter Web Site is still a work in progress. However, if you have a photo of you and your car, please send it to Phil Turner (email@example.com) and it will be added to the “Gallery” when the Web Site is finally up and running.
- Post meeting conversation was limited as all present were anxious to walk down the street to Bartle Hall and find the Volvo display!
- Next meeting – May 17, 2014 – Kurzweils’ Country Meats and Restaurant. 30213 East 286th Terrace, Garden City, MO 64747 (Just SE of Harrisonville on MO Highway 7)